It is possible that this has always been the case and I wasn't there to see it but at the last meeting I attended,
I'm not against religion as a whole, but I do believe that there is a time and a place to practice it.
While I'm sure that many, if not most, of the citizens of New Albany practice a Christian based religion, not everyone does. There are plenty of citizens of different religions or even no religion at all.
Prayer is a delicate thing. And while I find it admirable that the council members wish to be guided in making the best decisions they can, I find it unacceptable to just do it without informing the public.
Thinking about this really makes me wonder, would people be so accepting of this public proclamation it was for a different faith?
Unfortunately, my most educated guess believes that most wouldn't.
Thinking about this really makes me wonder, would people be so accepting of this public proclamation it was for a different faith?
Unfortunately, my most educated guess believes that most wouldn't.
No comments:
Post a Comment